Vacalia.com acts as letting agent for the owners of the properties, or its representatives.
Promotion valid for reservations made until February 3 for stays in 2023
First: When requesting a reservation, Vacalia will provide you with a written form that you must complete correctly, as well as make the first payment of EUR 90 of the rental total and of the extra fees for the down payment. Once we receive the form and the down payment, the reservation is confirmed. This confirmation is subjected to the conditions required at the time of booking.
Second: Within 60 days prior your arrival date, you’ll have to pay:
● The balance payment
● The extra fees entailed by the rental. Failure to comply with the payment or with the due date required can result in the rental cancellation and, consequently, the loss of the EUR 90 down payment. In order to avoid any incidents and guarantee the rental you must send a copy of the payment receipt to our email address.
Third: In the period within 7 to 3 days prior to the arrival date, you must pay:
● The security deposit total amount, according to the advertisement.
● The Tourist Tax total amount when applicable in the territory where the property is located. Failure to comply with the obligations of the Item 3t in the due date can result in the delay to check in the property. In such a case, neither Vacalia nor the property operator will be hold accountable. Failure to comply with these payments can result in the rental cancellation and, consequently, the loss of the total paid amount.
For the reservations within less than 35 days prior to the arrival date, a lump sum will be paid including the total of the reservation and the extra fees specified in the advertisement, if any. The payment of the security deposit and of the Tourist Tax -when applicable in the territory where the property is located- will be paid in accordance with the provisions of the third paragraph, if the reservation is made before the established period. Otherwise, all concepts will be paid at the same time.
In any case, the holder of the reservation must be of legal age (over 18 years old) when the reservation is made and must prove it with his/her legal identification documents or passport. Otherwise, the process of reservation will not be initiated.
Cancellation and modification of the rental booking
In case of cancellation by the tenant, the cost of the cancellation will be EUR 90 if the cancellation is communicated more than 60 days before the check-in date; if the cancellation is communicated within 60 days prior to the check-in date, the traveller will have to pay the total amount of the reservation. Nevertheless, if the cancellation policy published on a channel is different from the one above, the cancellation policy published on said channel will apply.
In case the customer, once has checked in the property, ends up leaving it before the end date of the contract, there will be no refund in regards to the amount paid. In case the duration of the reservation is modified implying a reduction of the stay, the same withholdings in the total booking amount applied in the case of cancellation will be applicable.
The property operator can request a security deposit in order to guarantee any damage that may occur during the customer’s stay. The tenant will receive, as established in Item 1, an email with a secure link to make the security deposit payment.
After reviewing the state of the property and verifying that it has been returned in the same state of conservation in which it was at the beginning of the rental period, the security deposit will be refunded to the tenant 7 days after the end of the stay.
We inform that the payment is mandatory and that the booking will be cancelled with no possible refund, if we do not get the payment in the requested due date.
The tenant and all accompanying persons must observe the following obligations. Failure to comply with them can result in a penalty implying the withholding and loss -total or partial- of the security deposit and the immediate eviction of the accommodation without any refund of the amount paid. For this reason:
● The tenant must always inform the number of companions that will stay at the property, without being able to exceed the maximum capacity of the accommodation in any case. Failure to comply with the maximum capacity at any moment of the stay will imply the immediate termination of the reservation and check-out of the property without having a right to any refund or claim.
● It is completely forbidden to make noise disturbing the neighbourhood. Parties and events are not allowed at the property, regardless that the number of participants isn't higher than the property's maximum occupancy. In case of breach of this rule, the occupants will be evicted immediately.
● You must make a responsible use of the facilities, furniture and utensils on the property. In case of damages by the tenant, he will pay the total amount of the repairs.
● You must make a responsible use of the house linen. In case of loss or poor condition of any piece of linen, an amount of 8 EUR (VAT included) per item affected will be deducted from the security deposit.
● You must leave the property in an acceptable state of cleanliness and with the crockery cleaned at the check-out. In case the state of dirtiness of the property requires an additional effort to clean it, a compensatory amount will be deducted from the security deposit (amount from 100 EUR, VAT included).
● It is forbidden to leave garbage inside or outside the property at the check-out. In case of breach this rule, a minimum amount of 90 EUR will be deducted from the security deposit in properties up to 6 pax occupancy. In properties of more than 6 pax, 15 EUR per person will be added to the mentioned amount till completing the total occupancy. You will have to recycle trash in those properties featuring a recycling system.
● It is completely forbidden to deposit hand towels, feminine hygiene products, baby wipes or diapers in the toilet.
● During your stay you must make a responsible use of water and electricity consumption.
● Close and collect parasols and awnings if you are not using them and anytime you leave the property. In case of damage due to breach of this rule, an amount will be deducted from the security deposit.
● At the check-out, you must leave the house closed (doors and windows), lights and faucets turned off (inside and outside) as well as air conditioning and heating off, if any.
The tenant is responsible for any damage occurred during the stay and will be accountable in any case, regardless of the security deposit collected.
Check-in and check-out
The check-in time will be from 4 pm and the check-out time before 10 am on the dates established in the reservation. The tenant will only be able to enter the property one hour before or leave it one hour after, prior written confirmation from Vacalia. Without this written proof, the anticipation of check-in or delay of check-out will not be possible.
In the event that the customer needs on-site personal assistance for the check-in due to reasons not attributable to Vacalia, such assistance will have an extra cost of 50 EUR if carried out between 8 am and 10 pm and of 80 EUR between 10 pm to 8 am.
In order to avoid incidents when checking in, it is mandatory the correct communication of the arrival time and the record of Vacalia 24- hour phone number by the tenant.
The situation arising from the COVID 19
Due to the situation arising from the COVID 19 international health crisis, different regulations are being approved in relation to the behaviour of people in general and in relation to tourist accommodation in particular. Both the scope and the period of validity of said regulations is linked to the specific health situation in the location where the accommodation is placed in a specific period.
This is the reason why we want to remind you that it is the traveller's obligation to have knowledge of the applicable regulations as well as their compliance at all times, exonerating the intermediaries and the operator of the accommodation.
For all this, we ask you to inform yourselves well of the situation and from Homerti we provide a government website in which you'll find the regulations that you must comply with in the Balearic Islands (For more information click here.).
Vacalia is a trading company acting as an intermediary between the tenant and the owner, operator or its representative. In Vacalia we work in order to guarantee your stay and this is the reason why we always hire directly with the owner or operator, thus verifying the existence and legality of the accommodation. In the event of unexpected incidents, Vacalia will assist you to inform you about the resolution process but, in any case, the liability devolves upon the property operator established in the tourist license.
Any person responsible for the accommodation maintenance as well as its facilities, will have access and will be authorised to enter the property at any time in order to carry out the necessary repairs and actions for the clients’ stay, even if they are not present. In the event of an unexpected incident, the maintenance responsible person of the property, or anyone authorised by the latter will enter the property and proceed to resolve the incident as soon as possible, without this being postponed by the tenant. In case of impediment or postposition of the solution by the tenant, he can be asked to be hold accountable of the liabilities of such an impediment and, under no circumstances, will any claim against the property operator or Vacalia be accepted.
In the event of a complaint by the tenant, this must be communicated to the trading distributor company with which the reservation was made. Vacalia solely will assist between the tenant and the property operator if the tenant files a complaint within the first 7 days after the end of the stay. At any case, Vacalia will not assist in complaints of incidents that, due to their nature, should have been informed immediately since, otherwise, they could make it difficult to prove the evidence of liability of the property operator, or in complaints that had been solved in a reasonable period of time. Under no circumstances, Vacalia will assist in complaints that weren’t communicated during the stay, thus preventing the evidence of its existence as much as the solution by the property operator.
All of which without excluding the compliance with the provisions of Decree 46/2009 of July 10 by Vacalia.